Monday, July 14, 2008

Orginal look of Versace Couture

It's always fantastic to look at the stunning pieces in the runway.
How about the sketch of it?

Versace showcase their Fall 2008 collection in its own site.
You may find the whole collection together with the original sketches.

It's interesting to put the two together.
They are so similar in how they look, but very different in feelings.
The process of turning a draft to an impressive piece can be like an adventure.

I know someone may have the habit of cutting down photos when they see something amazing in the magazines.
For me, I draw them down.
It may needs to take a long time and far from looking as good as the one I saw, but the drawing process makes me remember the details and beauty of the items.

3 comments:

Manish said...

Very interesting! I simply love these sketches.

Simon said...

yes, fantastic sketches, some cases seem better than the actual runway items !

Anonymous said...

wow! those are amzing sketches you are truely an artist.